Upcoming Posts

News to Know - Mondays
Dictum Diei - Tuesdays & Fridays
Verseday - Thursdays

Monday 5 October 2009

How Superstitious are You?

THIS is an interesting article. Toward the bottom there's a superstition quiz you can take.

At the end of the quiz, the writer notes, "The higher your score, the more supernatural your beliefs. Research among students using this scale showed an average score of 38 in the US and 32 in the UK."

I scored a walloping 9 points. The lowest possible score is 6.

You know, I wasn't really surprised. It's because I'm a Christian. Christianity leaves no room for superstition. I clearly believe in the supernatural, but my belief is a rational one, and it's a belief in an ordered supernatural, because God values order.

If that doesn't make sense, then you haven't understood Christianity.

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. the lowest possible score is 13, as there are letters a-m options, minimum 1 point on each. ?

    i got a 15

    yay for us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Becca, I suppose that is possible. The scoring instructions were a bit ambiguous. I read it as only counting (and reversing) the specifically listed questions, not as counting all of them and only reversing the specifically listed questions. Hrm...ah well. Meh, either way, it doesn't change things :-).

    ReplyDelete