Upcoming Posts

News to Know - Mondays
Dictum Diei - Tuesdays & Fridays
Verseday - Thursdays

Monday 2 November 2009

No Shave November/Movember/Hobo Holidays


Alas, I realized we were already in November late last night. I've been planning on doing No Shave November for months, but I've been so busy that I lost track of time and WHAM, I forgot to shave on Saturday. Thus, I'm going into No Shave November with an untrimmed 'stache and goatee and scruff all over my neck.

I can't grow a full beard for the life of me. Get ready, here comes the beard joke:

My beard screams "Geronimo!" ...'cause it's a patchy beard! (Get it, Apache beard? Ha. Ha. Ha...)



Here's a couple links for you to check out.
In Defense of Beards (Previous post on beards)
Movember (from the Art of Manliness website)
Manliest Mustaches of All Time (from the Art of Manliness website)
Growing a Manly Beard (from the Art of Manliness website)
Beards.org (what it says, yo.)

Cheers,

11 comments:

  1. Your smirk looks somewhere between pained and pleased with yourself...was there something in the coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, look up the poem "If" by Rudyard Kipling for some manhood poetry. It's pretty cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Heidi, it was actually tea. Earl Grey, to be exact. And as to my pained/pleased look, it was in anticipation of comments such as Rebecca's.

    -Becca, aw, thanks. Yes, it probably is too long, but it keeps me warm. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very insightful information on beards..
    Also, LOVE the Geronimo joke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha the comments from your mother made me laugh, because I like your long-haired look! It's very philosopher-esque and it compliments the facial hair well. =D

    And I actually have been reading most of your other blogs, you know, the philosophical and opinion-oriented ones... so don't let the fact that I only commented on this one make you think I'm not reading the others. Because I am. AND I even read the whole homosexuality comment war. Interesting stuff.

    Keep growing that beard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, thanks, Morgan!

    Aw, thanks, Marianne! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel, you look like an english/history professor.
    I think it suits you perfectly :]

    ReplyDelete