Upcoming Posts

News to Know - Mondays
Dictum Diei - Tuesdays & Fridays
Verseday - Thursdays

Sunday 11 July 2010

To Be--That is the Answer

Text for an art song I wrote this spring. I was writing my senior thesis (on madness in Chesterton's fiction) during the same period, so this lyric was heavily influenced by my good friend G.K. At any rate, I thought I'd share it because I've wanted to post for a while, but I have absolutely nothing to say. Ah well, cheers.

To Be--That is the Answer


The million windows of the midnight air
Shut in the world's lunacies and sins,
But light drips down to catch our tired eyes
And shed the warmth of heaven's feasting fires.


On winter nights spent staring into fires,
I'm madly pricked to joy in both my eyes
And curse with love the sickness of my sins--
That I forgot to praise my God for air.


No comments:

Post a Comment