Upcoming Posts

News to Know - Mondays
Dictum Diei - Tuesdays & Fridays
Verseday - Thursdays

Friday 23 July 2010

In a Chapter on America Was Written...

"It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity. After that, the next step is to become a small power itself."

-G. K. Chesterton, Heretics

1 comment:

  1. I had a few minutes on the internet, so I responded to your last comment on my post... unfortunately, google said I was too much to handle, so I had to turn it into a post. Read and enjoy! And I shall return to the internetless wilderness that is my house... although I will get on in the next week or so to read your response, so don't feel like you're writing to a void. =P

    ReplyDelete