Upcoming Posts

News to Know - Mondays
Dictum Diei - Tuesdays & Fridays
Verseday - Thursdays

Thursday 13 August 2009

The Beanological Argument

You may have heard the Kalam Cosmologial argument for the existence of God.
You may have heard Anselm's Ontological argument (or his successors' restatements of the argument).
And you may have heard the Teleological argument.

But I bet you haven't heard the Beanological argument for God's existence. That's because I discovered it. I can prove with three words that God exists.

Ready?

COFFEE. DARK CHOCOLATE.

But in all seriousness, how do you account for pleasure? For beauty?
In The God Delusion, Dawkins attempts to rebut the argument from beauty but misses the point entirely and ends up destroying a straw man. I have never heard anyone convincingly explain away why we find things beautiful.

...or delicious.

I'm going to go get some coffee and go read philosophy. Philosophy works so much better when you can pressuppose God's existence (hence the coffee).

Peace and coffee beans...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shandi, thanks for the suggestion! Sounds interesting: I'll try to get my hands on one. :-)

    ReplyDelete