Upcoming Posts

News to Know - Mondays
Dictum Diei - Tuesdays & Fridays
Verseday - Thursdays

Tuesday 28 July 2009

Obama's O'Beer

The media has placed far too much of its attention and energies in the Gates/Crowley scenario. I have no idea who overreacted--Gates or Crowley, but I do know who has overreacted. The media and Mr. Obama.

Obama made an uninformed statement about the situation. Fine. I don't care. But I did start to care when my news feeds kept informing me that Obama, Gates, and Crowley were going to have a beer together. I didn't care, I still don't care, and I care even less as to what kind of beer it is--and I really appreciate a good beer.

That's not news. That's extremely trivial information. The whole thing is starting to look like a publicity stunt which screams: Look at me! Look how cool I am! I drink beers with normal people!

And you know what? I don't care. But I do wish the media would report something important.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I know what you mean. The media really needs to get their act together and start report things that we actually *need* to know, not trivial hey-look-at-this bits of politicians' lives. Please.

    In other news, what were your reasons to delete your facebook? I didn't get on my computer for a couple days and by the time I did, you were already gone and thus, the explanation was deleted too. Just curious. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete