Upcoming Posts

News to Know - Mondays
Dictum Diei - Tuesdays & Fridays
Verseday - Thursdays

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Midnight Thought: Perfect Love

Midnight Thought # 2


Love is Rising.

Perfect human love is triangular and rising.

You and I are each at an end. Love is the tension in the span between us.

We must rise to Heaven, you and I. And we must do the same, you and I, with all the other 'I's and 'you's we encounter.

If you choose to sink, to withdraw from light back into your shell of barbarism, I still must rise.

I must rise even if you retrogress into your cave, if you hide, if you fall, if you hate, if your soul is burned by the light.

I must rise and I must try to pull you up with me.

That tension of awareness between us is love. Actually, that is not entirely true: it is the occasion for love.

I know not how you may fare, but I know that I find flight impossible. The best I can do is jump and hope not to fall.

I have never had a perfect love.

Love is rising and I can only fall.

But there is One who can lift me.

No comments:

Post a Comment