Upcoming Posts

News to Know - Mondays
Dictum Diei - Tuesdays & Fridays
Verseday - Thursdays

Saturday 9 May 2009

Business, Books, and Back from Britain

Aye, you heard right. I'm back from Britain. I no longer reside in Oxford. I'm definitely going to miss it, but it's great to be home.

Been super busy the past few weeks. I spent the past few weeks traveling with my brother Ben who came to visit me before I came home (got back on Tuesday night). And since I've been back, I've been trying to see people and get adjusted to life in America again.

At any rate, all that is boring. Here's something more interesting. It's a list of books that I'm currently reading.

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand

The Historical Reliability of the Gospels - Craig L. Blomberg

The Gift of Fire - Richard Mitchell

God's Undertaker: Has Science Buried God? - John C. Lennox (Finished this one today, actually)

The Roar on the Other Side: A Guide for Student Poets - Sunne U. Clark (This book is written for an audience a little younger than myself, but I figure it'll be an easy book to skim through in an attempt to further educate myself in regards to poetry. I'm embarrassingly ignorant about poetry, I'm afraid--a consequence of having written poetry for years without having actually read any. Terrible situation to be in. I woke up one day--several years ago--and realized that all the 'poetry' I'd ever written was beyond pathetic.)

But anyway, that's just a brief update on what I'm doing. More substantial posts to come as I get myself settled back in to American life.

Cheers.

1 comment: