Upcoming Posts

News to Know - Mondays
Dictum Diei - Tuesdays & Fridays
Verseday - Thursdays

Monday 4 January 2010

Don't Steal, the Government Hates Competition

Theft is theft, regardless of who you steal from. Raising taxes on the rich and middle classes is like stealing the seeds a farmer has saved for next year's planting and using them to make cakes for everyone in the village. They might be great cakes, but next year's harvest won't even be enough to make each person a flour tortilla.

The wealthy and small business owners provide jobs for the rest of the world. When you strangle them, it's economic equivalent of tying a tourniquet around your neck to stop the bleeding in your foot. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

And then when the economy keeps plummeting, guess what! More bailouts! Bigger government!

Dear Mr. Obama, Cronies (Advisors), and Congress,
You're not Robin Hood. Stop trying to be. That was feudalism. This is a democratic republic. Not sure if you noticed, but they are different.

EDIT: While you're fuming with me about taxes, here's one to make you glad you don't live in New York City.

2 comments:

  1. I may steal your diamonds. I'll bring you back some gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you. Will you convert my platinum to an equal weight of silver, too? I'd be much obliged.

    (I wish I had a song lyric to toss back, but alas...)

    ReplyDelete