Upcoming Posts

News to Know - Mondays
Dictum Diei - Tuesdays & Fridays
Verseday - Thursdays

Monday 9 March 2009

A brief quote: Religion and Science

This is reminiscent of Chesterton's quote at the top of this page, which is why it caught my eye.

"Religion and science should be kept separate if there isn't an intelligent and involved god (i.e., no god or an uninvolved life force). But if an intelligent and involved god does exist, then religion and science are inherently intertwined."

From this brief article.

I'm not sure I see the point of the article, but I found that paragraph particularly quotable.

EDIT:

This piece on the separation of politics and science amused me. Usually you hear separation of church and state. This is the first I've heard of separation of science and state.

Maybe it's the same distinction. I dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment